Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
The Bachelor of Science in Computer Science program of AMA Computer University is a ten-trimester program designed to provide a world-class IT professionals that is not only nationally accredited but also globally competitive and to produce graduates who will be professionally competent, morally upright, and socially responsible contributors to national development.
The BSCS program is a study of concepts and theories, algorithmic foundations, implementation and application of information and computing solutions. It prepares students to be IT professional and researches and to be proficient in designing and developing computing solutions.
The curriculum is based on the standards set by the Commission on Higher Education (CHED) and is benchmarked from the curricula of leading academic institutions, national and international, offering similar business programs and addresses the needs of the industry.
The curriculum is embedded with PC Operations NC II and Programming NC IV TVET Qualifications.
The program leading to the degree of Bachelor of Science in Computer Science has the following objectives:
- To enable students to obtain a comprehensive knowledge of computer science and deep understanding of the field of information and communications technology.
- To prepare students to be proficient in designing and developing computing solutions.
- To enable students to acquire the theoretical and practical skills needed to be globally competitive computer scientists.
- To enable students to get a broad liberal education in the arts and letters, social sciences and philosophy, natural science and mathematics.
- To enable students to develop the cultural sensitivity, ethical responsibility, and social consciousness needed to become upright citizens of the Philippines and the world.
- Computer Scientist
- Applications Developer
- Systems and Software Engineer
- Database Programmer/Designer
- Software Developer
- Information Security Specialist
- Multimedia Authoring Specialist/Programmer
- Quality Assurance Specialist
- Computer Animation Experts
- Researcher Systems Developer
- Robotics Technology Specialist
- Computer Science Instructor
- Systems Analyst
|Duration||The Computer Science program of AMA Computer University is a ten-trimester program.|
|Recognition||The BSCS curriculum is based from the standards and minimum requirement of the Commission on Higher Education (CHED) and is benchmarked from the curricula of leading academic institutions, national and international, offering similar business programs and addresses the needs of the industry.|
|Intakes||Three intakes per year
|Subjects||Languages and Humanities 36 credit units
Mathematics and Natural Sciences Technology 21 credit units
Social Sciences and Communications 15 credit units
Basic ITE Core Courses 33 credit units
Miscellany (16) credit units
Professional Courses 57 credit units