Espousing excellence in learning, it has a broad academic program covering the College of Arts and Sciences, College of Engineering, College of Education, College of Business Administration with 24 undergraduate courses. AMACU also offers graduate work leading to the degrees of Master of Science in Computer Science, Master or Arts in Computer Education, Masters in Business Administration and Public Administration.
AMACU’s world-class education and training is recognized and accredited by global partners and affiliates. Fully equipped with facilities and programs that go far beyond the needs of individuals, it has an outstanding pool of faculty which seeks to offer the means for each individual to attain self – actualization to the fullest. As a consequence, AMACU has produced more than its share of leaders in business, in education, in industry, and in government.
The Doctor of Business Administration (D.B.A.) program of AMA prepares forward-looking business leaders to take front line positions in the dynamic and complex world of business.
The program involves both coursework and research and is designed for managers who need to develop an in-depth understanding of the latest thinking and technologies that are shaping the global world of contemporary business.
Graduates will be prepared to take high profile roles as corporate executives, entrepreneurs, practitioners or consultants. Class work emphasizes higher order thinking skills and critical analysis. Theory and practice are linked through learning opportunities provided by the experience of faculty members in seminars, research projects, case studies, mentoring by leaders in the business community and field-based assignments.
The primary objective of the Doctor of Business Administration program is to produce graduates who can contribute to the advancement of their professions and to the expansion of knowledge and awareness of contemporary strategic business issues and practices.
Students will achieve this objective through the development of :
1. A thorough knowledge of scientific and scholarly research methods and their application in the business setting for senior managers, consultants and university professors;
2. Advanced critical thinking, conceptual and analytical skills;
3. A grasp of both the seminal theories and the latest practices in business management including and intensive knowledge of theory and practice in one field of business;
4. The tools to perform original applied research that advances business knowledge;
5. An appreciation of cultural, ethical, and global issues and their impact on business theory and practices; and
6. The skills necessary for effective decision making in complex environments through integrating theoretic insights with practical knowledge.
The Doctor of Information Technology (DIT) is an intensive course of study that focuses on research with a doctoral level course work. The program culminates with the writing of a dissertation that embodies a significant contribution of new knowledge towards the improvement of professional and industry practice in Information Technology.
The DIT curriculum is based from the Policies and Standards (PS) for the graduate program of the Information Technology Education issued by the Commission on Higher Education (CHED) and is benchmarked from the curriculum of leading international academic institutions offering this program.
AMA’s DIT program aims to produce globally competitive graduates who will be professionally competent, morally upright, and socially responsible contributors to national development.
Specifically, the program intends to produce graduates who are:
– prepared to perform fundamental and high level research and development.
– able to provide appropriate IT solutions for organizations.
– able to engage in continuing professional development.
– able to engage in technopreneurship and practice professional ethics.
A member of AMA Education System!
AMA University now offers full online education, earn your degree online -anywhere you are in the world.
(02) 359-0262 | (02) 330-0378 | (02) 496-17363